[kde-doc-english] Trojita - draft document

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Feb 4 20:32:37 UTC 2013

написане Mon, 04 Feb 2013 22:16:16 +0200, Randall Wood
<randall at woodbriceno.net>:

> On Monday, February 04, 2013 09:12:41 PM Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
>> написане Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:50:44 +0200, Randall Wood
>> >
>> > I'm attaching it here - pleased to have the team's comments on the
>> > docbook
>> > attached.
>>
>> Fixed some minor mistakes (diff attached).
>>
>> For the reference, corrected DocBook:
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55247264/index.docbook
>>
>> PDF version:
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55247264/trojita.pdf
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Yuri
>
> Yuri - thanks for the diff.  I've looked through it and this is useful
> for my
> learning as well, as I hope to stay involved in other doc projects.  Two
> questions:
>
> 1. Is it still my resp. to push this to the git repository?  (it seems,
> yes)

Not necessary. I CCed Jan. He should decide what is the best time to
commit for the project.

> 2. A broader question: how can a doc writer see this text "rendered"?
> That
> is, like using a web browser to visit an HTML file?  That would also
> help me
> spot errors, like the sectioning error you corrected for me.

Just use

meinproc4 index.docbook

to create HTML then open index.html to see how it looks like.

Some other options:

http://userbase.kde.org/How_To_Convert_a_UserBase_Manual_to_Docbook#Converting_DocBook_into_Other_Format