[kde-doc-english] A few basics for new documentation

Randall Wood randall at woodbriceno.net
Mon Feb 4 16:05:05 UTC 2013

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:12:30 AM Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Freitag, 25. Januar 2013, 16:03:58 schrieb Randall Wood:

> > 1. Just to get started:
> > I can probably get going if I can find the document template and lists of
> > entities.  I'm on openSUSE, and general.entities was found at
> > /opt/kde3/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/entities/  Is this correct,
> > or is there something newer?  Where would I find the kdelibs directory, or
> > is this a relic of the old KDE Documentation Primer?
>
> "opt/kde3" sounds really old, please use
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs/repository/revisions/master/sh
> ow/kdoctools
> > 2. If I'm barking up the wrong tree, is there some better
> > tutorial/primer/instruction page for willing contributers who understand
> > XML/Docbook and are willing to invest the time to contribute docs?
> > Otherwise, where should I go/who should I talk to in order to help with
> > the
> > bigger documentation picture?
>
> Please mail to this list or use #kde-docs on irc.freenode.net

Greetings - Thanks Yuri and Bernard for the pointers.  I completed the project
I was working on - a 1st draft for Trojita - and while I'm waiting for
revisions etc, I'd like to stay involved with the documentation project.
Ideally, I'd like to make some fixes to the "Documentation Primer" to get
other newbies pointed in the right direction (adding the link Yuri provided to
a recent template, for example).

Can I just jump in, or should I work through someone else?  What is the team's
preference?  Seems like you guys are over-worked and could use some help; I'm
happy to lend a hand.

best,
Randy