[kde-doc-english] Proposal: add missing IDs to top-level tags of manuals

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 00:55:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Burkhard Lück wrote:
>> We have 116 article markup, 43 of them with an id and 207 book markup, 7 of
>> them with an id.
>>
>> Makes sense to add the missing id's
>
> Should we define some rules for the IDs?

I'm not sure it really matters TBH.  I see absolutely no practical use
for anchors at this level.  But...

> What I can see is that most of them simply use the name of the program or the
> kioslave, with few exceptions:
> kipi-handbook for kipi-plugins
> launch-feedback for kcmlaunch
> konq-general-behavior for khtml-general
> default-components for componentchooser
>
> (I'm missing some of them, as I don't have the complete checkout of all the
> repositories right now).
>
> Can I assume, as a general rule, that the name of the associated program/kio
> should be used?

I would prefer this.  If I were to script it, I'd just populate the id
either from the name of the repository (in the case of a single doc
directory) or the name of the subdirectory under doc (for repos with
multiple docs).

> Should we change the existing ones?

Again, I'm not sure it really matters practically, but I could have
the script normalize these as well.

> Ciao

-T.C.