[kde-doc-english] Proposal: add missing IDs to top-level tags of manuals

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 9 21:46:49 UTC 2012

T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
>> What I can see is that most of them simply use the name of the program or the
>> kioslave, with few exceptions:
>> kipi-handbook for kipi-plugins
>> launch-feedback for kcmlaunch
>> konq-general-behavior for khtml-general
>> default-components for componentchooser
>>
>> (I'm missing some of them, as I don't have the complete checkout of all the
>> repositories right now).
>>
>> Can I assume, as a general rule, that the name of the associated program/kio
>> should be used?
>
> I would prefer this.  If I were to script it, I'd just populate the id
> either from the name of the repository (in the case of a single doc
> directory) or the name of the subdirectory under doc (for repos with
> multiple docs).
There are some exceptions. For example, docbooks for kioslaves have the id="",
and the kioslave name is used. But using the directory name can be misleading
in few cases. For example:
- gopher uses id="gopher", the repository is named kio-gopher.
- audiocd used id="audiocd", the repository is named audiocd-kio.

So maybe the existing ones should be manually checked before committing changes.
Or...

>> Should we change the existing ones?
>
> Again, I'm not sure it really matters practically, but I could have
> the script normalize these as well.

... for now, we could leave them as they are :)

Ciao
--
Luigi