[kde-doc-english] Frozen kdelibs, new entities and other Kate/KWrite troubles

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:08:58 UTC 2011

On maandag 21 november 2011 00:07:58 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Diumenge, 20 de novembre de 2011, Freek de Kruijf vàreu escriure:
> > >
> > > Could not parse this sentence.
> >
> > What do you mean by that? Do you mean there is a kdelibs in git for
> > trunk, branch and 4.6. If so please tell me, a recipe, how to use them,
> > or rather how to update them.
>
> I mean i did not understand what you said at all with "There is no kdelibs
> in branch, which is 4.7, so no kdelibs 4.7!".

I am probably confused by the git concept. I have in my KDE trunk directory a
directory kdelibs in which I import the git repository. So my view on this was
that only KDE trunk was present there; currently 4.8. However later I got the
recipe to enter a command "git push origin KDE/4.7", of which I did not really
understand what it does. Thinking about that, my perception is now that this
git directory looks like a turning stage with several different stages behind
it, apparently a stage called trunk and one called 4.7 and maybe more. So do I
have to give "git push origin KDE/4.7" to see and use 4.7? What command to see
4.8 and 4.6 and make changes in it.

How do these changes in kdelibs boil down to a distribution? Are they only
part of a minor release of KDE or is there a separate work flow for changes
that are made in the area where localized information is produced, like
kdelibs, but also in the i18n svn repository. So a distribution can regularly
pick up these packages, apart from the minor releases of KDE.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf