[kde-doc-english] Frozen kdelibs, new entities and other Kate/KWrite troubles

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Nov 20 23:07:58 UTC 2011

A Diumenge, 20 de novembre de 2011, Freek de Kruijf vàreu escriure:
> On zondag 20 november 2011 23:21:13 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > There is no kdelibs in branch, which is 4.7, so no kdelibs 4.7!
> >
> > Could not parse this sentence.
>
> What do you mean by that? Do you mean there is a kdelibs in git for trunk,
> branch and 4.6. If so please tell me, a recipe, how to use them, or rather
> how to update them.

I mean i did not understand what you said at all with "There is no kdelibs in
branch, which is 4.7, so no kdelibs 4.7!".

> > BTW are you aware you destroyed
> > kdoctools/customization/entities/contributor.entities today with your
> > commit 57b7c6c5094987c8cc1d94a50d1da447313cc944 ?
>
> Something went wrong, because the normal 3 git commands I use did not work;
> creating the copy on my system (in principle only once) with:
>
> git clone kde:kdelibs     and a definition in ~/.gitconfig
>
> updating with:
>
> git pull --rebase
>
> and after making a change the commit with:
>
> git commit -a -m 'update by Freek'
> git push origin KDE/4.7

This is wrong, before doing the pull you need to be on the KDE/4.7 branch or
things will go haywire, so before the pull do
git checkout KDE/4.7

> I don't really understand what happens in git. I am just following a recipe.
> Most likely I copied something the wrong way around and the update provided
> an error. So I just tried 'git pull' and after that the commit. I did not
> realize I did put something wrong in the repository.

Well, your commit did work, just that the file you commited was missing half
of the lines. This means your the file in your computer was also missing those
lines and you did not check it before commiting or pushing.

> I am very sorry.

It's OK to make mistakes, we all do them, just be more careful the next time
you do it ;-)

Cheers,
  Albert