[kde-doc-english] Frozen kdelibs, new entities and other Kate/KWrite troubles

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 22:55:29 UTC 2011

On zondag 20 november 2011 23:21:13 Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> > There is no kdelibs in branch, which is 4.7, so no kdelibs 4.7!
>
> Could not parse this sentence.

What do you mean by that? Do you mean there is a kdelibs in git for trunk,
branch and 4.6. If so please tell me, a recipe, how to use them, or rather how
to update them.

> BTW are you aware you destroyed
> kdoctools/customization/entities/contributor.entities today with your
> commit 57b7c6c5094987c8cc1d94a50d1da447313cc944 ?

Something went wrong, because the normal 3 git commands I use did not work;
creating the copy on my system (in principle only once) with:

git clone kde:kdelibs     and a definition in ~/.gitconfig

updating with:

git pull --rebase

and after making a change the commit with:

git commit -a -m 'update by Freek'
git push origin KDE/4.7

I don't really understand what happens in git. I am just following a recipe.
Most likely I copied something the wrong way around and the update provided an
error. So I just tried 'git pull' and after that the commit. I did not realize
I did put something wrong in the repository. I am very sorry.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf