[kde-doc-english] Re: Translating KmyMoney manual. GUI and manual inconsistent

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 29 23:02:06 CEST 2011

On 2011.06.29 03:20, jaaf64 wrote:
> I am presently translating the KMymoney manual into my mother
> language. As I want to confirm the actual meaning of what I am
> translating, I just made a fresh install of this software (version
> 4.5.3), in order to see the GUI and the manual (which seems to be
> identical to the .po file I am using) while translating.
> Unfortunately, the GUI and the English manual seems to be
> inconsistent between themselves.
> For example; in the Budget section I can read: "There are five
> buttons above the list of budgets" But I ca only see three buttons
> there.
>
> Further on I read :
>
> "theu first have to be stored using the Update button..." But I
> cannot see an Update button.
>
> As it is my first attempt to translate something in KDE, I am in deep
> trouble as I don't want to waste my time translating something
> obsolete!
>
> Can somebody tell me what is going wrong?

It appears that there have been changes to the interface that have not
been described in the manual.  I am waiting for confirmation from the
developers, but should be able to update this chapter within the next
day or so.  Thanks for pointing this out - since I do not use the
budget section myself, I guess I never read it in enough detail to
notice the problem, even though it should be obvious.

If you find any other similar problems, you can either let me know
directly, or send it to the KMyMoney developers list (see
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmymoney-devel).

Thanks again for your efforts.

Jack