[kde-doc-english] Re: Translating KmyMoney manual. GUI and manual inconsistent

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 29 14:23:58 CEST 2011

On 2011.06.29 03:20, jaaf64 wrote:
> Hi,
> I am presently translating the KMymoney manual into my mother
> language.
> As I want to confirm the actual meaning of what I am translating, I
> just
> made a fresh install of this software (version 4.5.3), in order to see
> the GUI and the manual (which seems to be identical to the .po file I
> am
> using) while translating.
> Unfortunately, the GUI and the English manual seems to be inconsistent
> between themselves.
> For example; in the Budget section I can read:
> "There are five buttons above the list of budgets"
> But I ca only see three buttons there.
>
> Further on I read :
>
> "theu first have to be stored using the Update button..."
> But I cannot see an Update button.
>
> As it is my first attempt to translate something in KDE, I am in deep
> trouble as I don't want to waste my time translating something
> obsolete!
>
> Can somebody tell me what is going wrong?

Thank you for helping with the translation.  I do the main work on the
KMyMoney docs, and I can tell you that they are not obsolete, although
there are some sections that are not completely up to date.  I will
look at the Budget section later today.  For now, please just skip this
section and go on to another.  Also, please note that as KMyMoney is
preparing for a new release, I will be adding to and changing the
manual over the next weeks - so please do not get frustrated if I make
changes to something you have just finished translating.

Jack