[kde-doc-english] Re: Docbook Copyrights

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Jul 12 11:53:17 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:02:44AM +0200, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> How to deal with this in the svn/git documentation repos?
> Do we need a COPYING.DOC with FDL 1.2 text or with a link to
> kdelibs/COPYING.DOC in every top documentation dir?

The top level modules all have/had COPYING.DOC files with a full copy
of the FDL 1.2.  Where modules have been split up they should be added
to the individual applications.

> What about the missing or wrong (GPL) licenses in articles/man pages?

man pages are often generated by starting with the output of running
the command with --help so GPL would be the appropriate licence in
those cases.

Jonathan