[kde-doc-english] Re: Docbook Copyrights

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue Jul 12 14:02:31 CEST 2011

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2011, um 11:53:17 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:02:44AM +0200, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > How to deal with this in the svn/git documentation repos?
> > Do we need a COPYING.DOC with FDL 1.2 text or with a link to
> > kdelibs/COPYING.DOC in every top documentation dir?
>
> The top level modules all have/had COPYING.DOC files with a full copy
> of the FDL 1.2.  Where modules have been split up they should be added
> to the individual applications.

Ok, now I got it, all git repos need a COPYING for the code, COPYING.DOC for
the documentation and COPYING.LIB in case of lgpl code in the top git dir.

A quick check in kdeedu and kdegraphics git repos shows me that most of them
do not fullfill this requirement:

kdegraphics master
14 git repos, but only 5 with a COPYING or a COPYING.LIB file
8 git repos with a doc dir, but only one with COPYING.DOC file

kdeedu master
21 git repos, but only 12 with a COPYING file
20 git repos with a doc dir, but only one with COPYING.DOC file

kde-runtime master no COPYING.DOC
kate master no COPYING or COPYING.DOC
etc.

Seems this should be taken to kde-core-devel?

--
Burkhard Lück