[kde-doc-english] Google Code-In and bugspam

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 03:17:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> What about starting to write what Chusslove called "Building Blocks" here:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=123461844907311&w=2
>
> 1) Articles about common kde elements used by each kde application where we
> now have a lot of multiple infos in many docbooks like e. g.:
> Configure Toolbars

I extended this a bit to encompass other standard toolbar behaviors
(e.g. docking) and their context menu (text position/icon size/etc.)
and submitted it.

> Configure Shortcuts
> File Open dialog

Submitted these two.

> Help menu

This is already documented in the &help.menu.documentation; entity, isn't it?

> Spellcheck from Kate/Kwrite menu docbook with sonnet and use a link in
> Kate/Kwrite?
> Default menu items of a KApplication?

Submitted these two as well.

> and probably many more (docs for all user visible gui code in kdelibs)

I looked over the kdelibs/kdeui class list and submitted tasks for these:
-KColorDialog
-KFontChooser/Dialog
-KFind/KReplace

Most of the other stuff in there looked too simple or generic to merit
their own documentation, but if anyone has any other suggestions for
ones that could use documentation, I'm all ears.

> These articles should live in kdelibs/doc, so they are always available for a
> kde application to link to them, even without a kde desktop environment.

I split it up into bite sized tasks that are more likely to get
completed and I can be fairly strict about each section's thoroughness
without making the task drag on forever.  I'll merge it all into one
docbook when all the work comes in.

> 2) Missing articles for KCM's (audiocd, kcmdisplay, multiplemonitors, kdnssd,
> khotkeys, ssl, system-config-printer-kde
>
> 3) Article for kcolorchooser (draft in branches/work/doc/kcolorchooser)

I submitted tasks for all of these as well.

The next round of tasks goes live on Dec 16th.  Students started with
my Kate tasks rather quickly, so stuff should start appearing in
branches/work/doc soon after that.

-T.C.