[kde-doc-english] Google Code-In and bugspam

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Dec 8 15:06:03 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 11:41:09 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> Hi!
>
> Since all but one of the tasks I submitted for Google Code-In has been
> completed, I'm looking around for some other tasks I can submit for
> the new round that starts next week.  I've enjoyed working with the
> students on the Kate plugins and hope we can get some awesome stuff
> done for other KDE applications too.  I'm scouring bugzilla and the
> docbook health table, but if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to
> let me know.

What about starting to write what Chusslove called "Building Blocks" here:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=123461844907311&w=2

1) Articles about common kde elements used by each kde application where we
now have a lot of multiple infos in many docbooks like e. g.:
Configure Toolbars
Configure Shortcuts
File Open dialog
Help menu
Spellcheck from Kate/Kwrite menu docbook with sonnet and use a link in
Kate/Kwrite?
Default menu items of a KApplication?
and probably many more (docs for all user visible gui code in kdelibs)

These articles should live in kdelibs/doc, so they are always available for a
kde application to link to them, even without a kde desktop environment.

2) Missing articles for KCM's (audiocd, kcmdisplay, multiplemonitors, kdnssd,
khotkeys, ssl, system-config-printer-kde

3) Article for kcolorchooser (draft in branches/work/doc/kcolorchooser)

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück