[kde-doc-english] Khelpcenter stylesheet issues

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Aug 31 17:27:55 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, 28. August 2011, 03:18:52 schrieb Michael Pyne:
> On Thursday, August 25, 2011 16:17:04 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > cc'ing Michael Pyne, afaik he was the last touching the stylesheets

> > > Looks good to me.
>
> Sorry about the delay, I've had only limited Internet connectivity due to
> being in the middle of a move.

> > > Change padding-bottom under contentBody in kde-doc.css.  1em looks
> > > decent to me, whereas now it's at 8.9!
>
> IIRC the amount of padding was in order to ensure that the footer appears
> at the *bottom* of very short pages. It should be compensated for by a
> corresponding negative padding-bottom (or some other CSS hack) elsewhere.

Yes, that makes sense and explains this for me until now "strange" padding-
bottom value.

But we have roughly only 10-20% short pages, where this amount of padding is
usefull.

> Adjusting the difference between that negative padding and the large
> padding should change the amount of space between the last line of text
> and the footer on large pages, just please make sure it still pushes the
> footer to the bottom for very short pages on reasonable screen heights.

I hardly understand what you are talking about, my css skills are near to
zero...
Any taker for this job?

> I won't be able to review any patch unfortunately, probably not until
> middle of next week but I hope this has helped.

Thanks for the explanation Michael.

--
Burkhard Lück