[kde-doc-english] Khelpcenter stylesheet issues

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Aug 28 01:18:52 UTC 2011

On Thursday, August 25, 2011 16:17:04 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> cc'ing Michael Pyne, afaik he was the last touching the stylesheets
>
> Am Mittwoch, 24. August 2011, 23:17:44 schrieb T.C. Hollingsworth:
> > Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > 1) today I notices that the margins for a glossary in a documentation
> > > are
> > > wrong compared to the section pages.
> > > A good example for that is KNode. View the glossary page and you'll see
> > > what I mean.
> > > So I played a bit with the attached kde-default.css to make it better.
> > > To be honest I have no clue about css, but for me the glossary in knode
> > > looks better with the attched kde-default.css.
> > > To proof that yourself just copy kde-default.css to your
> > > share/doc/HTML/en/common/kde-default.css and try it with the knode
> > > glossary.
> >
> > Looks good to me.

Sorry about the delay, I've had only limited Internet connectivity due to
being in the middle of a move.

> > > 3) from my pov the distance between the last line of text and the top of
> > > the footer is too much, anybody knows how to make that smaller?
> >
> > Change padding-bottom under contentBody in kde-doc.css.  1em looks
> > decent to me, whereas now it's at 8.9!

IIRC the amount of padding was in order to ensure that the footer appears at
the *bottom* of very short pages. It should be compensated for by a
corresponding negative padding-bottom (or some other CSS hack) elsewhere.

Adjusting the difference between that negative padding and the large padding
should change the amount of space between the last line of text and the footer
on large pages, just please make sure it still pushes the footer to the bottom
for very short pages on reasonable screen heights.

I won't be able to review any patch unfortunately, probably not until middle
of next week but I hope this has helped.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne