[kde-doc-english] wiki

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Thu Jun 10 23:35:27 CEST 2010

On Thursday, June 10, 2010 02:39:09 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 10 June 2010 19:43:53 Mark Shelby wrote:
> > I've brought up this topic before, but was just browsing the kde
> > forums and so I'll ask it of this mailing list again: What is the
> > main reason that kde documentation cannot be formatted strictly
> > for wiki and updated by users, and available primarily via
> > internet access?

> > Also what is the need to include and make available by default
> > offline documentation? Why can't the system admin (if one exists
> > for whatever size network) simply download a hard copy of the wiki
> > text and distribute it to users internally as the sysadmin and
> > users deem necessary?
> >

> You clearly live in a well-populated feature-rich environment.
> Believe it or not, there are still people who have only intermittent
> slow internet access or even none at all.   Without distro-supplied
> documentation they would have none at all.

When I mash on the Help key there is only a message saying:

	There is no documentation available for /kontact/index.html.

It is the same for KAddressBook, Kontact Administration, KOrganizer,
Kraft, and KTimeTracker. Oddly enough, KMyMoney is present.

Where is this distro-supplied documentation you write of? Is it the
docbook out in
/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/khelpcenter/userguide/groupware-
kontact.docbook? If so, how do I read it? Using Konqueror, it looks like
email from Marco Menardi  gnu at kde.org.

This behavior shows on Kubuntu 9.10, 10.04, and openSUSE 11.2.