[kde-doc-english] wiki

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Jun 11 06:23:13 CEST 2010

написане Fri, 11 Jun 2010 00:35:27 +0300, Jay Woods <woodsjay at cox.net>:

> On Thursday, June 10, 2010 02:39:09 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
>> On Thursday 10 June 2010 19:43:53 Mark Shelby wrote:
>> > I've brought up this topic before, but was just browsing the kde
>> > forums and so I'll ask it of this mailing list again: What is the
>> > main reason that kde documentation cannot be formatted strictly
>> > for wiki and updated by users, and available primarily via
>> > internet access?
>
>> > Also what is the need to include and make available by default
>> > offline documentation? Why can't the system admin (if one exists
>> > for whatever size network) simply download a hard copy of the wiki
>> > text and distribute it to users internally as the sysadmin and
>> > users deem necessary?
>> >

>> You clearly live in a well-populated feature-rich environment.
>> Believe it or not, there are still people who have only intermittent
>> slow internet access or even none at all.   Without distro-supplied
>> documentation they would have none at all.
>>
> When I mash on the Help key there is only a message saying:
>
> 	There is no documentation available for /kontact/index.html.
>
> It is the same for KAddressBook, Kontact Administration, KOrganizer,
> Kraft, and KTimeTracker. Oddly enough, KMyMoney is present.
>
> Where is this distro-supplied documentation you write of? Is it the
> docbook out in
> /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/khelpcenter/userguide/groupware-
> kontact.docbook? If so, how do I read it? Using Konqueror, it looks like
> email from Marco Menardi  gnu at kde.org.
>
> This behavior shows on Kubuntu 9.10, 10.04, and openSUSE 11.2.
>>
>> Anne

Hi!

The distribution you have mentioned pack the documentation in the separate
packages (-docs or even -dev, which are not installed by default). Kraft
does not have documentation at all.

Please refer to the following page to see the list of KDE offline
documentation

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Documentation/KDE4_(health_table)

Best regards,
Yuri