[kde-doc-english] wiki

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 10 22:08:47 CEST 2010

Mark Shelby wrote:
> I've brought up this topic before, but was just browsing the kde forums and
> so I'll ask it of this mailing list again: What is the main reason that kde
> documentation cannot be formatted strictly for wiki and updated by users,
> and available primarily via internet access?
>
> I've heard arguments of needing to have documentation for every release
> version of kde, but frankly I think that is a pipe-dream. The documentation
> is so out of date and incomplete for *any* release version that it would be
> further impossible to include docs for all releases!

That isn't so hard to fix, just snapshot the latest wiki when the next
release is branched and release that for offline use.

> Why is the kde team locked into the docbook format?

This is the better question. The answer may have to do with docbook
being able to generate other than just HTML documentation (and also more
features than wiki, etc.).

--
Matthew
English is to grammar as Microsoft is to standards. Both steal and