[kde-doc-english] Parley userbase manual

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Sun Jun 6 14:36:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

first, thanks to all of the people working hard on the wiki side of things,
I think it looks promising. The new way of doing translations on the wiki is
really a step forward. The next step will be the export and by magic getting
docbook out of that.

Anne Wilson wrote:
> The mediawiki update is now complete, and translatewiki extension
> installed. This afternoon I'll be checking that everyone I know to need it
> has Translator
> status - the extension can only be used by that group.  The same extension
> handles both exporting for docbook use and online and offline language
> translation.
>
> As this translation to docbook is most urgent, it will probably have to be
> pulled manually, but the intention for the longer term (hopefully ready
> very soon) is scripting that will get everything into the existing system
> automatically.  We will be working on this over the next few days.

Burkhard, how do we proceed from here?

It is for example possible to get a dump of a page with:
http://userbase.kde.org/Special:Export/Parley/Manual

If you have translator status, you get a "Export page with translations"
link on the left of the page.

Greetings
Frederik