[kde-doc-english] Parley userbase manual

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Jun 7 13:28:53 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag, 6. Juni 2010, um 14:36:47 schrieb Frederik Gladhorn:
> Hi,
>
> first, thanks to all of the people working hard on the wiki side of things,
> I think it looks promising. The new way of doing translations on the wiki
> is really a step forward. The next step will be the export and by magic
> getting docbook out of that.
>
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > The mediawiki update is now complete, and translatewiki extension
> > installed. This afternoon I'll be checking that everyone I know to need
> > it has Translator
> > status - the extension can only be used by that group.  The same
> > extension handles both exporting for docbook use and online and offline
> > language translation.
> >
> > As this translation to docbook is most urgent, it will probably have to
> > be pulled manually, but the intention for the longer term (hopefully
> > ready very soon) is scripting that will get everything into the existing
> > system automatically.  We will be working on this over the next few
> > days.
>
> Burkhard, how do we proceed from here?
>
> It is for example possible to get a dump of a page with:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Special:Export/Parley/Manual

I have used that page dump to quickly produce a valid docbook performing the
following steps:

1) stripped off this markup: "<!--T:1-->"

2) fixed heading levels to a continous order, e. g.:
= Vocabulary Practice  =
=== Practice Setup  ===  -> == Practice Setup  ==

3) generated a docbook using wt2db (http://tldp.org/downloads/)
Fixed wrong placement of closing "</para>" markup around itemized lists and
added a dummy para to empty sects, stripped off header + part of footer.
Diff of these modifications is attached.

Copying the result of 3) into a chapter of the template.docbook from kdelibs
gives a valid docbook usable in kde.
Of course some markup has to be reviewed and changed (<gui...>, screenshot,
links...), but I think that is already a good start.
You find the docbook draft in branches/work/doc/parley.

--
Burkhard Lück