[kde-doc-english] Setting up my signature on emails

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:32:14 CEST 2010

Op vrijdag 9 juli 2010 04:34:55 schreef Dorothy Buswell:
> Hi there
>
> I am a very new user to Kmail having been on windows for  years. My son who
> has been a Linux user for quite some time has changed me over to this
> sytem.
>
> I want to set up my signature for when I do emails but don't seem to be
> able to do this, can you please  help.
>
> When I click on the 'sign' box, it says 'In order to be able to define this
> msg you first have to define the signing key etc.' and I just don't seem to
> be able to do this because as soon as I say 'ok', the box closes off and I
> haven't got any where with it.
>
> Also I really don't know where to go when it says 'Please select the key to
> use in the identity configuration'.

This is off-topic for this list, which is about discussions on the English
text in documentation.
So my first answer is click on the Help button and see what that brings you.

Reading between the lines I have the feeling you want a signature at the end
of a message automatically inserted, just plain text. But what you are trying
to do is to set a keypair to sign/authenticate a message, for this you first
need to have a personal keypair. See the program Kleopatra and read the
documentation. The Help button.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf