[kde-doc-english] Localized licenses and docs.kde.org

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Aug 5 22:58:21 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2010, um 21:36:47 schrieben Sie:
> Hi again, ;)
>
> For the unknown reasons docs.kde.org does not show localized licenses at
> the proper addresses. For example
>
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/de/kdeedu/kig/credits.html
>
> points to
>
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/de/kdeedu/kig/common/fdl-translated.html
>
> and gives 404, but the actual address is
>
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/de/common/fdl-translated.html
>
> Can it be that something goes wrong during conversion process?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Yuri

Yes looks like a bug in www/areas/docs somewhere.

I checked that with other apps and languages, its broken anywhere :(

Frontpage "Legal Notice" link works locally and on docs.kde.org.

Following that link displays " Permission ... included here." locally and the
link "here" points to common/fdl-license.html (the official and only valid
english license text) , but on d.k.o the link is named  'the section entitled
"GNU Free Documentation License"' and points to e.g en/kdebase-
apps/kwrite/credits.html#gnu-fdl and that is wrong.

And the links in Chapter "Credits and License" locally display the translated
fdl + gpl license if any, otherwise the english license texts. These links are
broken even for language en on d.k.o :(

But grepping www/areas/docs/ for gpl or fdl give no hit, strange.

--
Burkhard Lück