[kde-doc-english] Localized licenses and docs.kde.org

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Fri Aug 6 19:26:25 CEST 2010

Am Freitag, 6. August 2010, um 15:27:08 schrieben Sie:
> написане Thu, 05 Aug 2010 23:58:21 +0300, Burkhard Lück
>
> <lueck at hube-lueck.de>:
> > Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2010, um 21:36:47 schrieben Sie:
> >> Hi again, ;)
> >>
> >> For the unknown reasons docs.kde.org does not show localized licenses at
> >> the proper addresses. For example
> >>
> >> http://docs.kde.org/stable/de/kdeedu/kig/credits.html
> >>
> >> points to
> >>
> >> http://docs.kde.org/stable/de/kdeedu/kig/common/fdl-translated.html
> >>
> >> and gives 404, but the actual address is
> >>
> >> http://docs.kde.org/stable/de/common/fdl-translated.html
> >>
> >> Can it be that something goes wrong during conversion process?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >> Yuri
> >
> > Yes looks like a bug in www/areas/docs somewhere.
> >
> > I checked that with other apps and languages, its broken anywhere :(
> >
> > Frontpage "Legal Notice" link works locally and on docs.kde.org.
> >
> > Following that link displays " Permission ... included here." locally
> > and the
> > link "here" points to common/fdl-license.html (the official and only
> > valid
> > english license text) , but on d.k.o the link is named  'the section
> > entitled
> > "GNU Free Documentation License"' and points to e.g en/kdebase-
> > apps/kwrite/credits.html#gnu-fdl and that is wrong.
> >
> > And the links in Chapter "Credits and License" locally display the
> > translated
> > fdl + gpl license if any, otherwise the english license texts. These
> > links are
> > broken even for language en on d.k.o :(
> >
> > But grepping www/areas/docs/ for gpl or fdl give no hit, strange.
>
> Oops, my bad...
>
> It uses under-<license>.docbook from our kdelibs/kdoctools/customization.
>
> Maybe sed (or some other replacer) command could be added in
> www/areas/docs/generator?

That won'thelp, but thanks to yout hint I am sure that kde-chunk-online.xsl
ist the reason for this bug, file on d.k.o != local file.

To sort out this properly here a list of the local/web folder layout and the
local/web links in the html.

Folder layout local
root folder share/doc/HTML/
* language en
en/common/fdl-notice.html
en/common/fdl-license.html
en/common/gpl-license.html
each app has a subdir common, which is a link to en/common/

* all other languages
lang/common/fdl-translated.html
lang/common/gpl-translated.html
each app has a subdir common, which is a link to lang/common/

Links in local html
* language en
common/fdl-notice.html
common/fdl-license.html
app/common/fdl-license.html
app/common/gpl-license.html

* all other languages
common/fdl-notice.html
common/fdl-license.html
app/common/fdl-translated.html
app/common/gpl-translated.html

Language selection in KHelpcenter is done automatically, it first tries to
display the language html, if not found the english html is displayed.

Folder layout d.k.o
root folder http://docs.kde.org/stable/ or http://docs.kde.org/development/
* language en
common/fdl-notice.html (this file is apparently not used)
common/fdl-license.html
common/gpl-license.html

* all other languages
lang/common/fdl-translated.html
lang/common/gpl-translated.html

links d.k.o html for kdeutils/ark
en/kdeutils/ark/ln-id2456351.html
en/kdeutils/ark/credits.html#gnu-fdl
en/kdeutils/ark/common/fdl-license.html
en/kdeutils/ark/common/gpl-license.html

de/kdeutils/ark/ln-id2456364.html
de/kdeutils/ark/credits.html#gnu-fdl
de/kdeutils/ark/common/fdl-translated.html
de/kdeutils/ark/common/gpl-translated.html

@Yuri:
typo in uk/fdl-translated.html
- Documntation License into Ukrainian
+Documentation License into Ukrainian