[kde-doc-english] KDE User Guide outdated?

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sun Sep 27 12:18:01 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag 27 September 2009 06:56:48 schrieb Arturo Silva:

> I started with the KDE Viisual Dictionary as promised and for the most
> part modernized all the example screenshots.  However, I also did some
> edits to the introductory text and presentation as well, since my goal
> (now that I know what I can do) is to MERGE the Quick Start Guide with
> the Visual Guide, making it a Visual Quick Start Guide of sorts that
> more-or-less fulfills the original goal of creating a graphical tour
> of KDE.
>
> For the moment, please review my work on the Visual Dictionary:
>
> http://pigux.com/kde4/documentation/visualguide_2009-0927.zip

Hi  Arturo,

thanks for your work.

I downloaded your update, but there are a few issues to solve before I can
proofread it:

* index.docbook is broken, does not pass checkXML index.docbook here :-(

* please don't change the folder layout (png's in a subfolder of visualdict,
this breaks the current cmake macro kde4_create_handbook and makes your update
unusable for the english documentation as for all language documentations as
well.

* please send only the changed files (or even just a svn diff). In your zip
archive with a mixture of files from kdelibs and from kdebase/runtime and even
from your distro I can not recognize which files from the svn archiv are
changed and therefore check, if and how your update can be integrated into the
kde system.

--
Burkhard Lück