[kde-doc-english] KDE User Guide outdated?

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 20:10:03 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:

> * index.docbook is broken, does not pass checkXML index.docbook here :-(
>
> * please don't change the folder layout (png's in a subfolder of visualdict,
> this breaks the current cmake macro kde4_create_handbook and makes your update
> unusable for the english documentation as for all language documentations as
> well.
>
> * please send only the changed files (or even just a svn diff). In your zip
> archive with a mixture of files from kdelibs and from kdebase/runtime and even
> from your distro I can not recognize which files from the svn archiv are
> changed and therefore check, if and how your update can be integrated into the
> kde system.

Hmm, that is kind of overestimating the extent of my contribution or
what little knowledge I managed to scrape up over the course of the
week regarding this format.  I don't even understand half of what
you're saying (diff?), and I really explained before this is not taken
from the SVN copy nor really meant to be committed back to SVN in its
current form.  All I really need is for it to be reviewed, and then
whoever is knowledgeable enough (and also happens to have an SVN
account) can take the best of my draft copies and apply it to the
trunk copies in a way that doesn't break anything.

If for whatever reason you can't read what I sent you (and welcome to
my world if you can't), then try using the attached HTML copies if you
want.