[kde-doc-english] KDE User Guide outdated?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Sep 27 08:26:47 CEST 2009

Hi!

На Sun, 27 Sep 2009 07:56:48 +0300, Arturo Silva <jasilva28 at gmail.com>
написав:

> Well, after wasting a little bit of time and being relatively
> unimpressed by the [very few] WYSIWYG editors that [presumably]
> support the DocBook format, I finally decided to simply edit the
> DocBook files manually using good ol' fashioned Kwrite.  It brought
> back good ol' memories of my old HTML days.  ^__^
>
> The only problem was that I still couldn't figure out how to actually
> READ the DocBook files using a standalone application that wasn't
> KHelpCenter.  Not having luck with that, I ended up making
> /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/khelpcenter read-write, backing the
> original contents up somewhere, and then making all the new changes
> directly to the files.  That way, i could follow my changes regularly
> by swapping back and forth between pages in KHelpCenter -- very crude,
> but got the job done.  ;)

You can use Kate with Konsole (Window->Tool Views->Show Terminal) KPart.

Just enter in command line (after the corresponding directory change):
meinproc4 your_docbook && konqueror index.html
and you will see docbook HTML version in Konqueror.

When you make changes in docbook issue the command meinproc4 your_docbook
again and push F5 in Konqueror.

Hope this helps,
Yuri