[kde-doc-english] Outdated man page policy?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Sep 6 15:00:58 CEST 2009

On Saturday 05 September 2009 5:56:30 pm Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm one of the Ark maintainers, and while looking at bug 206284, it
> came to my attention that there is a man page for ark which was
> written in 2005 and has never been updated. I was thinking of removing
> it altogether, as it is likely not to be kept up-to-date.
>
> I tried to look for some kind of policy for this over Techbase, but
> didn't find anything. So my question is whether I can freely remove
> that man page from kdeutils/doc/ark or if it should remain there, even
> if not up-to-date and likely to confuse some users (besides, not many
> KDE applications seem to have man pages).

Raphael,

I think we have general policy that "no documentation is better than wrong documentation".

Personally, I like man pages and wish we had at least basic man pages for all the apps.
But if don't want to support a man page for Ark, then certainly you should remove
the old, outdated file(s).

-Allen