[kde-doc-english] [KDE Usability] KDE/kdebase/runtime/kstyles/oxygen/config

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo.pereira at free.fr
Tue Oct 27 20:56:56 CET 2009

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Davide Bettio wrote:
>> SVN commit 1041284 by bettio:
>>
>> GUI: Improved UI layout.
>>
>>  M  +19 -43    oxygenconf.ui
>
> What is the rationale for this change? It makes the dialog very tall
> (at a time when vertical space is at an ever increasing premium), and
> moving the general options outside a groupbox makes them not line up
> with everything else.
>
> (The previous version adding a Tabs groupbox is making the dialog a
> bit unnecessarily wide, however, IMO. I vote we move that one option
> to General, and restore the previous layout with Scrollbars and Menu
> Highlight side by side. This will make the dialog a little wider but
> much closer to the original height. Proposal attached.)
Hi Matthew,
Not really willing to interfere, I still would like to mention that this
config window will likely be revamped if I put in animations in the
style, because of additional options. (and I don't think the current
layout can handle one additional groupbox)
I was thinking of using tabs rather than groupboxes. See e.g.
http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=112652&file1=112652-1.png&file2=&file3=&name=Nitrogen-style

What do you think ? Would that be an acceptable design ?

I was also thinking, on the long run of something fancy like what the
skulpture style has ... maybe.