[kde-doc-english] KDE/kdebase/runtime/kstyles/oxygen/config

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 27 20:04:44 CET 2009

Davide Bettio wrote:
> SVN commit 1041284 by bettio:
>
> GUI: Improved UI layout.
>
>  M  +19 -43    oxygenconf.ui

What is the rationale for this change? It makes the dialog very tall (at
a time when vertical space is at an ever increasing premium), and moving
the general options outside a groupbox makes them not line up with
everything else.

(The previous version adding a Tabs groupbox is making the dialog a bit
unnecessarily wide, however, IMO. I vote we move that one option to
General, and restore the previous layout with Scrollbars and Menu
Highlight side by side. This will make the dialog a little wider but
much closer to the original height. Proposal attached.)

--
Matthew
Patent litigation: last resort of companies whose business model has failed.