[kde-doc-english] Why does kde-i18n-doc translate outdated documentation?

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Oct 25 22:57:25 CET 2009

> [: Albert Astals Cid :]
> So basically you are proposing a way to do mediawiki -> po and po ->
> mediawiki and po -> docbook/html
>
> What all of us is proposing.

Well, naturally, but I tried to put it in more concrete terms, of who needs
to do what and who needs to maintain what, such that there is least headache
down the road. For example, I specifically do not require of documentation
maintainers to deal with PO files in daily workflow. (Of course, anyone's
welcome to write/find converters for specific formats, that we would use
internally.)

> I disagree however that having new untranslated documentation is
> acceptable.

I think new documentation will take some time to shape up, such that
hopefully there won't be much to translate before support from KDE TP side
is ready (the thingy that will fetch English and put translated documents,
and internal stuff).

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team