[kde-doc-english] KDE Documentation Survey

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Mon Oct 26 00:50:49 CET 2009

When thinking about how to improve the KDE documentation situation, I realized
that I don't really know a lot about how people use our documentation and
what our user's requirements actually are.

What about doing a survey and ask users about their current use of
documentation and their ideas how it could be improved?

We could ask questions to find out:
- How do users get help?
- How frequently do users use the different tools and systems (KHelpcenter,
what's this help, online manuals, userbase, forums, google, etc.)
- Do users have Internet connections?
- Do users need printable manuals?
- Would users be willing to contribute to documentation?
- What kind of tools and formats do documentation contributors prefer?
- How much do users rely on translated manuals?
- What parts of the manuals are users using?
- What would users like to see in addition to what we already have?

How do you like this idea?