[kde-doc-english] Docs for Kigo

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Oct 26 15:29:10 CET 2009

На Sun, 25 Oct 2009 22:26:37 +0200, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>
написав:

> Am Sonntag 25 Oktober 2009 18:28:26 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> But I would like to discuss some changes to this doc, which apply to all
> others and the doc template (main + kdegames) as well:
>
> * Do we really need the chapter Interface Overview / Menu Refence here?
> - items common to all apps like setting + help menu, game open etc
>   should not be explained over and over again in each docbook, for
> experienced
>   kde users it is only boring, for new user a link to a centralized
> piece of
>   documentation via a link is sufficient.
> - no description for obvious actions (Game->New), if there is no
> additional
>   Information needed
> - reference only in case the user needs additional/special infos for an
>   action or in case of apps with many menuitems to get an overview
>   where to find stuff

Removed. I've added new section on shortcuts. It may be useful to see them
all at once.

But with Userguide in its current state it is the tricky thing to find
common instruction on menu items. Should I link it to the Userguide?

> * Do we really need a FAQ, when there are no real question?

Removed.

> * Do we really need an appendix with instruction where to get the source
> and
>   how to build it?
> - the intended audience of a doc like this should be the user installing
>   distro packages
> - for users building from source the information provided in the
> appendix is
>   not sufficient, they need a lot more info e.g. from techbase.

Not removed. Maybe it is worth to keep this info at least for the period
before we the new doc template (or whatever replacement) will be created
with some common universal instructions?