[kde-doc-english] TOC or List?

Manfred Mislik tic at tictric.net
Mon Jan 12 20:22:21 CET 2009

On Montag 12 Januar 2009 18:22:56 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Le Sunday 11 January 2009 23:35:52, Manfred Mislik a écrit :
> > I'd like your advice as I'm about to get my first section done.
> >
> > I thought that I'd like some introductory notes at the beginning of a
> > chapter and started them as an unordered list to give the reader an
> > overview.
> >
> > Now I could also imagine to do that in a mor TOC-like way.
> >
> > http://tictric.dyndns.org/getting-started.html
> >
> > Thank you for your opinion.
> > The rest of the handbook is still a mess as I'm still trying to get some
> > system into it before I change too much unnecessarily. Please don't worry
> > about it (yet) :-)
> >
> > btw, I'd also like to know how we link to othere handbooks like I tried
> > with KWallet at the end of that page which is useless at the moment
> > because there is none.
> >
> > Manfred
>
> Hi Manfred :)
>
> A list is fine I think as there is already a ToC at the beginning of the
> handbook. Nice start! Do you need help in converting it to docbook?

Well, it already is (I hope) docbook. It's just without CSS so it looks a bit
flat, but still generated with meinproc4.

But now that you mention it, I sometimes read about reviewers that seem to be
hanging around somewhere, that check the handbooks for markup problems and
such, I believe I understand.

Do those reviewers read the markup before or after commiting? (not that I feel
like committing any time too soon)

Hands up if you feel spoken to :-)

Manfred