[kde-doc-english] new member introduction

Arturo Silva jasilva28 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 21:45:54 CET 2009

Hello and welcome Vikram.  I'm sure the Doc_English people will
greatly appreciate someone with DocBook and general documentation
experience.  :)

Regarding your command, in kdegames I used to check out items
utilizing something similar to the line below (in this example, I
would specifically checkout the documentation for alpha-build kde
games):

svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/games/doc/

[don't take my word for it, as I don't have SVN access myself]
And to find my way around, I would either use Dolphin or I'd used the
WebSVN to visually navigate around Trunk and so forth:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/

As to what you can edit and where to edit it, I'd wait for someone in
Doc_English to get back to you, as there are set rules to follow based
on the KDE release cycle and internationalization.  I could always use
someone to take over my abandoned pet project (for the deprecated KDE
User Guide), but I think your skills would be better served in more
priority tasks.  :)

Best wishes!

--Arturo