[kde-doc-english] New member: introduction

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:49:58 CET 2009

On Tuesday 01 December 2009 16:14:15 Jerry Bond wrote:
> Hello --
>
> I have just subscribed to this mailing list and wanted to supply a bit
> of my background in Linux documentation in case it would be useful.  For
> the past 5 years I have been a user and contributor to MEPIS Linux, a
> small popular distro based on Debian Stable.  I oversee the Wiki and
> contribute frequent articles to it, and I authored the User's Maual
> (http://www.mepislovers.org/forums/user_manual8/).
>
> With this background, I hope to be able to contribute to the KDE English
> documentation effort, and in this small way return something to the KDE
> community from whom we get so much.  I should add that I am very
> comfortable in German as well, which might occasionally come in handy.

I'm sure that you will find plenty here to 'amuse' you :-)  I do a lot of work
on the userbase wiki, for which lots of changes are planned.  If you are
interested in helping with that we'd love to talk to you.  You can catch us on
irc.freenode.org #kde-www.

Perhaps your experience on the Mepis wiki might answer one of the questions
that is currently bugging us - did you find any way of locking pages during
edits?  I'm just starting hunting for an extension to do this.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group