[kde-doc-english] khelpcenter bugs

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sat Sep 29 15:31:34 CEST 2007

On Saturday 29 September 2007 9:07:02 am Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a lot of documentations are not displayed in khelpcenter so far, I want to fix
> this, but need some advice.
>
> In every applicitation subdir of share/doc/HTML/en we neeed index.cache.bz2,
> all *.docbooks and *.pngs. Only the index.docbook gets installed, all other
> *.docbooks are missing due to an error in KDE4_CREATE_HANDBOOK.
> I have fixed this locally.

I don't think you should need to install any *.docbook files.
But I could be wrong.

> In kde3 every application had a single subdir in share/doc/HTML/en, with some
> exceptions:
> kcontrol/background|bell|cache|...|useragent|windowmanagement
> khelpcenter/faq|glossary|quickstart|userguide|visualdict
> kinfocenter/blockdevices|cdinfo|devices|...|sound|usb|xserver
>
> In kde4 faq|glossary|quickstart|userguide|visualdict are installed in a subdir
> of share/doc/HTML/en, not in the subdir khelpcenter/, but the DocPath entry
> in the desktop files are unchanged, so these documentations are not found and
> unvisible.
> Is this intended or just an error in the CMakeLists.txt files?
> What should I fix, the DocPath entries or the CMakeLists.txt files?

The CMakeLists.txt files.  Probably we just copy+pasted lines from
other similar CMakeLists.txt files.  Please fix the CMakeLists.txt files
and commit.

> kdeaddons has gone, but there is still an entry in khelpcenter, I fixed this
> locally.

Please commit.

> Seems to me that some *pngs are missing in share/doc/HTML/common (header,
> footer etc)?

Do you mean share/doc/HTML/en/common?
Hmm.. there does seem to be some missing *.pngs.   For example: 1-10.png
Please find the missing files and commit them into trunk/KDE/kdelibs/doc/common.

> How to make the footer "Would you like to make a comment or contribute an
> update to this page? Send feedback to the KDE Docs Team" translatable.
> This is a long outstanding issue (
> see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=114157866222476&w=2) and should
> be fixed for 4.0

I have no idea.  Well, I can venture a WAG:
The hard-coded HTML in kde-navig.xsl should be turned into a feedback.docbook
and included appropriately.  Then that docbook needs to be translated and added
to all the various language entities subdirs.

-Allen