[kde-doc-english] khelpcenter bugs

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sat Sep 29 15:07:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

a lot of documentations are not displayed in khelpcenter so far, I want to fix
this, but need some advice.

In every applicitation subdir of share/doc/HTML/en we neeed index.cache.bz2,
all *.docbooks and *.pngs. Only the index.docbook gets installed, all other
*.docbooks are missing due to an error in KDE4_CREATE_HANDBOOK.
I have fixed this locally.

In kde3 every application had a single subdir in share/doc/HTML/en, with some
exceptions:
kcontrol/background|bell|cache|...|useragent|windowmanagement
khelpcenter/faq|glossary|quickstart|userguide|visualdict
kinfocenter/blockdevices|cdinfo|devices|...|sound|usb|xserver

In kde4 faq|glossary|quickstart|userguide|visualdict are installed in a subdir
of share/doc/HTML/en, not in the subdir khelpcenter/, but the DocPath entry
in the desktop files are unchanged, so these documentations are not found and
unvisible.
Is this intended or just an error in the CMakeLists.txt files?
What should I fix, the DocPath entries or the CMakeLists.txt files?

kdeaddons has gone, but there is still an entry in khelpcenter, I fixed this
locally.

Seems to me that some *pngs are missing in share/doc/HTML/common (header,
footer etc)?

How to make the footer "Would you like to make a comment or contribute an
update to this page? Send feedback to the KDE Docs Team" translatable.
This is a long outstanding issue (
see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=114157866222476&w=2) and should
be fixed for 4.0

Burkhard Lück