[kde-doc-english] K3b doc - Quick HowTo (Creating ISOs, Burning ISOs)

Rich Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Sun May 20 00:27:46 CEST 2007

On Saturday 19 May 2007, Roshan wrote:
[snip]
| I haven't included any headers (something which I have
| heard of) so please let me know what sort of
| modifications would this document require.

I think the file is fine for one of us (myself) to go ahead and implement it
into the existing K3b documentation. I don't think it requires any
modification truthfully from a plain text standpoint.

| I have prepared this How-To keeping two things in
| mind. One, it is completely newbie-oriented and two,
| it has each and every step - event - that occurs.

Seeing as you spent the time creating an excellent tutorial aimed at new
users, there is only one thing that needs to be changed in order to not
confuse new users. Your screenshots. Please refer to
http://l10n.kde.org/docs/screenshots.php in order to understand our
requirements for screenshots. Just a couple of quick notes on them are you
should use the default Plastik theme and KDE color scheme. If you are using
KSnapshot, select "Window Under Cursor" for the Capture Mode. This way here
you don't get kicker involved displaying your open applications, a customized
kicker, or items in the taskbar that typically do not run on a vanilla KDE
install. So the only problem I see is that the screenshots don't follow the
KDE Snapshot guide, the quality/quanity are great, just get them with the
correct theme. What I typically do is create a secondary user and log in with
it. That way there I don't have to continually goof with my settings and have
that secondary user with default KDE themes.

| If this format (with corrections) is accepted, I can
| continue my work for a few other How-To (creating data
| CDs, creating multi-session data CDs etc) in the same
| way.

I will speak with the devs of K3b and see about getting this implemented.
Truthfully I don't see any issues or them saying no to it at all. So Roshan,
great job for your first product, just fix the screenshots and you can email
them directly to me at nixternal at ubuntu.com (maybe one of these days I will
get a KDE one so I don't look biased :)

Thanks again!

--