[kde-doc-english] documentation backport for 3.5.7

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at lincoln.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 17 19:27:28 CET 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 7:50:01 am Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2007 00:10 schrieb Philip Rodrigues:
> > On Tuesday 16 January 2007 11:01:59 pm Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > 3.5.6 was tagged yesterday, 3.5.7 will come.
> > >
> > > Since the last docmessage freeze for 3.5.6 (16.12.2006) I have fixed
> > > some bugs in this documentations:
> >
> > <snip list>
> >
> > > I think it's time to ask the translators on kde-i18n-doc at kde.org and
> > > our release dude for a new docmessage unfreeze.
> >
> > Thanks for making the list.
>
> These are only the changed docs from my commit filters, maybe there are
> some more in other modules. I left out everything with only ebn and markup
> fixes and no changes in content, please don not backport such
> documentations. It is only work for the translators, but mostly unvisible
> for users.

Agreed. It might be nice to backport typo fixes and spelling/grammar fixes
though, if it's possible to do this without creating fuzzies that have to be
dealt with manually.

> > Perhaps marking some commits with a keyword, or by making all the
> > "fuzzy-only" commits (ie, no new content) in one go?
>
> Please no backports with no new or unchanged content!

Do you just mean markup and EBN fixes, or are you including
typos/spelling/grammar fixes?

> Create a diff between the docmessage template in stable and trunk and
> upload to somewhere on docs.kde.org would help translators, which have only
> a checkout of stable, to see the changes in the messages.

I don't quite understand. Do you mean that the translators would be able to
see what the old message was before it was changed?

Regards,
Philip