[kde-doc-english] documentation backport for 3.5.7

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Jan 17 08:50:01 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2007 00:10 schrieb Philip Rodrigues:
> On Tuesday 16 January 2007 11:01:59 pm Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 3.5.6 was tagged yesterday, 3.5.7 will come.
> >
> > Since the last docmessage freeze for 3.5.6 (16.12.2006) I have fixed some
> > bugs in this documentations:
>
> <snip list>
>
> > I think it's time to ask the translators on kde-i18n-doc at kde.org and our
> > release dude for a new docmessage unfreeze.
>
> Thanks for making the list.

These are only the changed docs from my commit filters, maybe there are some
more in other modules. I left out everything with only ebn and markup fixes
and no changes in content, please don not backport such documentations.
It is only work for the translators, but mostly unvisible for users.

I missed some docs of control center modules:
windowmanagement
see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=116470349523873&w=2
path
thinkpad
kvaio
I'm working on this stuff.

I checked the helpcenter and found some additional missing docs:
Games->knetwalk
Graphics->kfaxview
Information->view1394
Settings Modules->Internet & Network->Bluetooth Services
Utilities->Accessibility->KSayIt
Utilities->File->KHexEdit has to be changed to section Editors
Utilities->File->KPalmDOC
Control Center Modules->Display->kcmdisplay
Control Center Modules->User Accounts->userinfo

kio-slaves, see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=116886505723784&w=2.
I have written docs for ar, zip, and started with audiocd, but not yet
commited someting.
Execute "kcmshell ioslaveinfo" in konsole and check all entries in the list
for missing docs, you wil find a lot of them :-(

An other important job is to sync docs in branch and stable (missing forward
or backword ports):
I have already done this in the last doc freeze lifts for AFAIR access,
addons, admin, edu (except kalzium, where it is desperately needed!), games
and graphics.

Has to be done for all other modules too.

There is a mail from Nicolas Goutte
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=113951101721162&w=2) with a list for
some modules.

> I agree that we should ask for an unfreeze.
> What would be ideal is if we could somehow reduce the number of fuzzies
> that the translators have to deal with manually - this makes things easier
> for them, and therefore (in the long run), easier for us. Does anyone know
> enough about the translation system to know if there's some way we could do
> this?

Yes, as I work mainly as translator. I'm only here because I don't like to
translate outdated or wrong docs ;-)

> Perhaps marking some commits with a keyword, or by making all the
> "fuzzy-only" commits (ie, no new content) in one go?

Please no backports with no new or unchanged content!

Create a diff between the docmessage template in stable and trunk and upload
to somewhere on docs.kde.org would help translators, which have only a
checkout of stable, to see the changes in the messages.

Burkhard Lück