[kde-doc-english] Wiki-like khelp system

Jes Hall jhall at kde.org
Sun Oct 29 02:05:08 CEST 2006

Hey guys,

The argument for making KDE documentation a wiki comes up every now and then.
Searching KDE mailing list archives for it brings up some really funny rants
by Lauri. Most of the core documentation team are opposed to the idea of
wikifying KDE documentation for reasons of quality control and ease of use
for the docbookers.

It does not get any easier than submitting documentation updates in plaintext
via an email to kde-doc-english. I will never support a system where users
who do not have an SVN account can submit documentation that does not go
through a documentation team member. There has to be some interaction there.

I love the idea of contributers throwing documentation up on the KDE wiki that
the documentation team then goes and docbooks. That's great, and will stop
things happening like me promising to docbook and commit documentation and
then moving house and switching my job all in the same fortnight and
forgetting. I'm so sorry Adrian! If the documentation is available on
a 'todo' wiki someone else can pick it up if it's obviously been sitting
uncommitted for a long time.

On another subject, wow Sander, I can't believe all the commits from you at
the moment! ;) I'm hoping to emulate you over the next week since I have a
week off work.

Regards,

Jes.