[kde-doc-english] Join the Documentation Team

Richard Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 17 02:46:30 CET 2006

On Thursday 16 November 2006 19:38, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> I would like to also through my hat in the ring for helping out w/ KDE
> docs.  I already do a lot of work for Kubuntu documentation and would like
> to tackle Keep as there have been some bugs reported on launchpad.net and
> updated at bugs.kde.org on missing manuals.
>
> What do I need to do to get started on that?

Funny meeting you here ;)

Anyways, what I have done is checked out the following trunk/*/doc
directories: (* is the following directory)

kdeaccessibility
kdeadmin
kdeedu
kdegraphics
kdemultimedia
kdepim
kdetoys
kdevelop
koffice
kdeaddons
kdebase
kdegames
kdelibs
kdenetwork
kdesdk
kdeutils
kdewebdev

I placed all of these in a trunk/ directory and then created a script called
masterup.sh that will update all of the directories at once.

#!/bin/sh

for x in trunk/*; do
        y=$(basename ${x})
        echo ${y}
        svn up trunk/${y}
done

So I have my main doc directory ~/KDE/ and under that is kdoctools/ and trunk/
as well as my masterup script. kdoctools has all of the xslt files and tools
needed for doc building. All I have been doing is creating patches for bugs
as they show up on this list.

Hope this helps you a little bit, but I am sure Phil or one of the other
master KDE doc people will be by to welcome you as well.

--
.:Richard Johnson
.:nixternal at ubuntu.com
.:ubuntu.com .:kubuntu.com .:edubuntu.com .:xubuntu.com
.:http://nixternal.ubuntu-rocks.org