[kde-doc-english] A Documentation Project, that could be very useful - Luke Parry Kde Marketing List

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 19:21:05 CET 2006

Hi Luke,

> Hello, Recently I have been thinking up an idea of introducign video based
> flash tutorials that can show how to do the basic to the complex tasks on
> the kde desktop. These would be hosted on a website and would confirm to
> certain rules. These could be sent in by you, but i was hoping that anyone
> could do it and get a rating, if it was rubbish it would be knocked of the
> server.

A few people on this list have been working on movie-type demos of KDE
features. Hopefully they'll pop up and tell you what they've been able to do
so far, and what remains to be done. This would be a really nice feature to
have working for KDE 4 - we'd like to have them in the official docs, but
extending to a website could work too.

I'll leave it to those doing the work to explain the situation more fully.

Regards,
Philip