[kde-doc-english] "List of Tables"

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Wed Jan 11 07:44:51 CET 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 00:49, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Hello
> Looking at KDE docs generated to HTML, I noticed there is "List of Tables"
> section that in the top level page of every documentation.
>
> E.g. on http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/koffice/kword/index.html
>
> -------------
> [....]
> List of Tables
>
> C.1. Available import/export filters
> D.1. Keybindings for Working with Documents
> D.2. Keybindings for Character Selection
> D.3. Keybindings for Character Formatting
> D.4. Keybindings for Paragraph Formatting
> D.5. Keybindings for Basic Editing Functions and Search and Replace
> D.6. Keybindings for Inserting
> D.7. Miscellaneous Keyboard Shortcuts
> -------------
>
> Do you think we could have "List of Tables" as a link separate page
> containing the list? It may be considered as a cleaner template.

Not terribly easily.  In fact, customising the table of contents is a beast of
a job, and only a very few documents use formal tables, and of those that do,
there's only one or two so they work just fine in the Table of Contents.

If you don't want tables showing up in the Table of Contents, use
<informaltable> (if there are no <table>'s there is no LoT either.)

Otherwise, please file it as a wishlist item so I don't forget to have a look
at it.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org