[kde-doc-english] BUGS on this list

Michael McBride mpmcbride7 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 17:56:53 CEST 2005

--- Lauri Watts <lauri at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Originally we set the bugs for all the documentation products to be owned by
> this list, which means all the emails come here.  At the time, they were
> infrequent, so it worked out ok.

<<<text deleted>>>>

> Bear in mind the following:
> * Anyone can grab a bug, the mail address provided as a default is simply
> that, a default
> * Most of the bug mail traffic is trivia (status changes, etc), and there are
> prewritten queries on the docs team web pages to search them
>
> Given these, and since we really don't talk all that much and 1 is probably
> going to take a while, I think 3 is the most practical solution, so unless
> there are any great objections, I'll have that done at the end of the week.

Lauri,

I personally like that the bugs go through the list.  I watch the list for bugs related to
applications I have written documentation for.

I believe it is possible to set the preferences so that a user (in this case, the mailing list)
only recieves certain changes.  If so, you could probably reduce the traffic significantly by
having bugs.kde.org only send a mail to the mailing list when a bug is created.

It is not the end of the world for me if others would prefer to have no messages sent, just
thought I would let you know I do use the notices myself.

Mike