[kde-doc-english] BUGS on this list

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 13:49:27 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Originally we set the bugs for all the documentation products to be owned by
this list, which means all the emails come here.  At the time, they were
infrequent, so it worked out ok.

Now that we're using the bugs list a lot more (indeed, we tend to use it as a
proxy to-do list and to note jobs for beginners to sink their teeth into),
it's reached the point where there are more bug mails than anything else.

I would like to encourage more discussion on this list, and less bug traffic,
so our options boil down to:

1: Talk a lot more, so the bug noise is lost in the discussion signal
2: Ask for a bugs mailing list
3: Make the doc team kolab account the bug owner.

Bear in mind the following:
* Anyone can grab a bug, the mail address provided as a default is simply
that, a default
* Most of the bug mail traffic is trivia (status changes, etc), and there are
prewritten queries on the docs team web pages to search them

Given these, and since we really don't talk all that much and 1 is probably
going to take a while, I think 3 is the most practical solution, so unless
there are any great objections, I'll have that done at the end of the week.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org