[kde-doc-english] I'd Like to Help the KDE Documentation Team

Raphael Langerhorst raphael.langerhorst at kdemail.net
Thu Dec 29 11:17:26 CET 2005

On Thursday 29 December 2005 08:22 Yarra Street wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I've been using linux for a year now, and KDE has always been my preferred
> desktop. I am a total convert. I'm a typesetter/graphic designer (since
> 1984), I moved from a windows environment using Adobe products to a
> complete linux setup using KDE as my desktop, with
> Scribus/Kword/Gimp/Inkscape/Karbon/Krita, et al as my tools of trade. It
> took a few months, but very much worth the effort.
>
> English is my first language, and I speak/read/write French also after
> spending 7 years in France.
>
> I'm currently using Mandriva 2006.0 and will be updating to KDE 3.5 very
> soon with their 2006.1-3 release.
>
> I'd like to help out in someway.
>
> Dean Meixner

Hi Dean,

if you are a graphic designer and want to work on documentation, I have a very
good job for you, and I would be very very glad if you could help us there:
it's the Karbon14 handbook. We still need to write a Karbon14 handbook for
the KOffice 1.5 release, which will be released in March 2006.

This will also give you a chance to get your hands on the development version
of KOffice! Because especially Krita and Karbon14 have seen many improvements
since the 1.4 release.

You should build a development version of KOffice (the 1.5 version to-be) and
write a Karbon14 manual based on this version.

Get the development sourcecode from
http://www.koffice.org/download/unstable.php

You should also register at the koffice developer mailinglist:

You can also find us on the #koffice IRC channel on irc.freenode.org if you
like using IRC.

As soon as you downloaded the development version of KOffice, you can find a
documentation cookbook in koffice/doc/CookBook.odt
This is also available online: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/doc/

Please note that if you are not familiar with docbook, you can write the
handbook also in plain text and we will convert it to docbook afterwards, the
important thing for now is the content, not the format.

Would you be interested to do this? If so, you are welcome to register at the
koffice-devel mailinglist (see above) and say hello.

Thank you very much!

--
Raphael Langerhorst
http://raphael.g-system.at/blog