[kde-doc-english] I'd Like to Help the KDE Documentation Team

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 29 18:22:51 CET 2005

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the offer of help! There are plenty of ways to get involved - if
you don't see something you like in these suggestions, just ask.

If you'd like to do something related to the interests you noted, there's
Karbon or Krita, as Raphael suggested. Of course, if you'd like to do
something else, that's fine too. A good way to find some tasks to get started
with is to search on the KDE bugs database, which we use as a todo list. You
can find ready-made links to a list of available tasks at
http://i18n.kde.org/doc/current.php , or use the query facility on
bugs.kde.org to search for yourself (look in the 'docs' product). If you see
something on there that piques your interest, add a comment to say so, and
drop a message to this list, and we can give you any tips you need to get
started.

Another area that always needs help is the technical side of the tools we use
- if you're familiar with XML, XSLT, LaTeX, VNC, or PHP, you might like to
help with our efforts in one of those areas. I can give you more details if
you're interested in any one of those.

One or two other resources that you might find useful:
The Documentation Primer at http://i18n.kde.org/doc/doc-primer/index.html
aims to be a one-stop-shop for the information you'll need to get started, but
don't hesitate to ask on the list if anything there isn't clear.

You can also find us on IRC in #kde-docs on irc.freenode.net.

Regards,
Philip