[kde-doc-english] Glossary

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Sat Sep 4 22:52:27 CEST 2004

On Saturday 04 September 2004 21.47, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
> I've made some changes and additions to the KDE-wide glossary, which I've
> put up at:
> http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri1802/kde/glossary/
> You can find an HTML version in the html/ subdirectory there.
>
> This is part of a wider plan for the glossary, which was discussed at
> aKademy, and goes something like this (Lauri, please correct me where I get
> it wrong):
>
> One central glossary functions as the glossary for all KDE documentation.
> By defining all definitions as entities, we can do the following:
> 1. Use *all* of the entities somewhere to make the One Glossary To Rule
> Them All(TM)

> 2. Have per-app glossaries by just including the relevant entities.

The problem we hit here is paths.  I can get the automatic glossary generation
to work, only by providing a full path to the stylesheet, and obviously we
don't have the installed path at compile time, and it may change during
installation.

Including entry-by-entry entities into the smaller docs is the only other way
to do it, but may in fact create some quite complex dependencies (or, will
make every doc with a glossary in fact depend on the base glossary.) I can
see a couple of distributions really hating that, but it would work.

Lauri Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org