[kde-doc-english] User guide.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Tue Oct 26 18:09:41 CEST 2004

Op dinsdag 26 oktober 2004 17:52, schreef Éric Bischoff:
> Le mardi 26 Octobre 2004 12:44, Tom Albers a écrit :
> > >
> > > kcharselect ?
> >
> > That is not a easy way of typing those characters when you are writing a
> > letter, is it?
>
> Sure. But I was just suggesting a place to put that, as Lauri expressed a
> concern about that.

Yes, as I did not have time to look into it, I can not help deciding where it
can be placed.

> Methods like using Compose key have more to do with X-Window than with KDE,

That difference is not relevant to the user. That would mean you would not
have to describe anything for copy and paste as well.

> so it might be hard to find "the right place". kcharselect is a KDE
> application, so perharps it's a place not too bad to put those
> explanations.
>
> Another "KDE" place would be where the panel keyboard symbol is described.

I do not agree. ;-)

I think it is not a good idea to put a solution to a problem near the
solution... if the user ever finds that he will not read it, because he found
the solution anyway. I would suggest to put it in the spot where he is most
likely to search. Or is my brain really weird?

Toma